Thursday, June 19, 2008

Don't Give Up Love Because It Stings

SONG OF THE DAY: Natasha Bedingfield-Say It Again (Album: Pocketful of Sunshine)

I was emailed this story today and I find it very inspiring. If more people acted the way the person acts in this story, I truly believe the world would be a better place. It's sad to say, but I've witnessed a lot of people just give up on something in their life and it's sad. I love my life and I can't imagine ever giving up on any part of it, no matter how tough it gets. Here's the story...

"There was this man who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. He decided to save it by stretching out his finger, but the scorpion stung him. The man still tried to get the scorpion out of the water, But the scorpion stung him again. Another man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him. But the man said: "It is the nature of the scorpion to sting. It is my nature to love. Why should I give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion is to sting?" LESSON: Don't give up loving. Don't give up your goodness... Even if the people around you sting. "The greatness comes not when things always go good for you. But the greatness comes when you're really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes. Because only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."

Isn't that a great story? I'm glad this person emailed it to me and I want to pass it on. I hope someone else can find it just as beautiful and inspiring as I.

But besides the song of the day, I decided to do a quote of the day from the Bible. The quote really comes from an email I get daily from Joel Osteen. I really like him. He is one of those people that you can look in the eye and tell they are pure and sincere about what they are saying. And Joel preaches the Word of God and that is rare to find such purity and sincerity in people these days. You can't even find that in priests in Catholic churches these days and I find it so sad. I think that if they just let priests get married there wouldn't be so many child molestors. God intended for a man and a woman to have sex and be together and get married. Why shouldn't a priest be allowed to join in that celebration and joy? And I know Jesus never did anything with a woman or got married, but Jesus was on this earth for one reason and that was to save us. God did not put him on earth to be like all regular human beings. And priests are homosapiens, no different from me or you.

But anyway, to get back on topic, Joel Osteen is rare and I like to listen to him. Visit Joel's website or watch him on TV. You can go to the website and under "Broadcast" you can find listings of channels and times he is on. You can also sign up for his daily e-mails at the website. On the home page, in the bottom left corner, you type in your e-mail address, first name, and last name and you will start receiving them right away. Joel also has free podcasts that you can download and watch if you can't watch him on TV. He also has a book called "Become a Better You" that I haven't read personally, but I've heard from my dad and other family members and friends that it is an amazing book and isn't like any other self-help book out there. Back to my point again, here is today's scripture...

“Set your minds and keep them set on what is above, the higher things, not on the things that are on earth” (Colossians 3:2)

But I have a soccer game tonight that I have to get ready for so I've got to get going.
*imastar*

No comments: