Saturday, June 21, 2008

Smiles

SONG OF THE DAY: Danity Kane-Showstopper
Today's Scripture: "Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." (Matthew 4:10)

Random question, can people you don't know tell if your smile is fake? Because people that know you and are around you all the time know what your real smile looks like because they've seen you laugh and they know what makes you happy. But if someone doesn't know you, can they tell?

I think people that don't know you CAN tell the difference. I believe you radiate more when you're truly smiling. They may not think about it consciously, but it registers with their subconscious and if affects how they smile back at you. I know this seems dumb and very random, but I was working today and I was a people greeter at the front door of the store. I just noticed that if I was smiling and laughing about something and then that smile stayed on my face for the next few customers, I got a better reaction from them. Even if they weren't smiling, it seemed like my smile made them a little happier.

So be happy and SMILE at everyone you pass! And don't do it just for the sake of working your cheek muscles. Do it to do your part at making the world a better place!
*imastar*

No comments: