Tuesday, July 1, 2008

PR in NC

It's ALWAYS been my dream to live in NORTH CAROLINA some day. I've been to Caro, NC before and I went in December and it was beautiful there. It was still in the 50s and 60s and there was blue sky and sun! I'm sick of the long winters and unpredictable, crappy weather in Michigan. I also heard that NC was the top state to find jobs in. That was a few years ago so I don't know if that's still true, but I don't really care. The economy there has to be better than Michigan's anyway. Michigan is going down the tubes.

Anyway, I started doing some research on some firms in North Carolina and I came across many!

  • carolinapr - "one of the oldest, most established public relations and marketing communications firms operating in the Carolinas; a mid-sized agency; employees contribute their time and energy to further the success of more than 50 local, regional and national civic, and professional organizations"
  • fama pr - "only PR firm named to the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" in 2007 and 2008; partners with technology companies to provide excellence in corporate communications and public relations; Our client base is broad, from stealth startups to publicly-traded companies"
  • HiTechPR - "extensive expertise in business to business marketing communications for the electronics, telecommunications and computer industries has set us apart from other companies; multidimensional approach to marketing communications; wins five international public relations awards for the successful launch of Herzlia-Based Genoa Color"
  • Hill & Knowlton Inc. - "leading international communications consultancy, providing services to local, multinational and global clients; part of WPP, one of the world's largest communications services groups
  • Weber Shandwick Worldwide - "PRSA awarded Weber Shandwick three Silver Anvil Awards, two Silver Anvil Awards of Excellence, three Bronze Anvil Awards and six Bronze Anvil Awards of Commendation at the recent North American awards ceremony; a global public relations and communications leader; a unit of The Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), which is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies"

These are just some of the big time firms and agencies. These are the serious ones that you need lots of experience in PR to get a job there. However, everyone has to start somewhere and I believe I will make it there some day! I will move to North Carolina and happily work and live there. I don't know if it will be at one of those places, but I am going to do some more research and see if I can find internships there. I will keep updating on what I find.

In the mean time, if anyone has any suggestions or input or has anything to say about North Carolina in general, please do so! I appreciate any and all comments! I'm sure anything will help me out right now. :) Thanks!

SONG OF THE DAY: Britney Spears-Toxic

Today's Scripture: "Great peace have those who love Your law and nothing shall make them stumble" (Psalm 119:65).

*imastar*

1 comment:

Neely Adkins said...

oh c'mon! that's been my destination since i got into college. i even applied to duke so i wouldn't have to wait so long.

but yeah, that's a state on its way up...in contrast with a certain peninsula with two separate parts.

i just hope all the good jobs aren't taken by the time i get there.